SOCIAL MEDIA – IF BLOGGING FOR YOUR READERS, YOU ALSO HAVE TO THINK ABOUT YOURSELF
You put a lot of time and effort into your site. Do you want traffic for your site and for your blog posts to be shared?
• Making it easy for others to share your blog posts by installing share buttons – There are many social media sites. Among the most popular for sharing onto are Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. You can have share buttons for each and make them visible on each blog post!
• Sharing your own blog posts on social media – You can do this once you get your share buttons installed and get social media accounts for your blog! At the least, get Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. Don’t forget about TikTok, very popular now! Although you can’t share directly to Instagram and TikTok from a share button on your blog post, you can have your site represented on those two platforms as well as others, then you can share your posts manually! I share each post that is published onto Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
• Traffic – I’ve heard bloggers whine about not getting any traffic, yet they don’t put the time and effort into letting others know they have a site or that they’ve published a new posts. You have to put yourself out there. Let others know about your site. Let others know you’ve published a new post!
• Avoiding particular sites – I’ve also heard bloggers say that certain social platforms are too political for them or that they don’t visit them for whatever reason. So, they avoid those platforms. Just because your blog has a presence on a particular social site, it doesn’t mean you have to scroll the site and read the postings. Avoiding particular platforms means that some people will never see your posts. That’s only hurting your site as you’re losing out on potential traffic.
• Post titles – Another thing, you need to think about is how you title your blog posts. If you saw a post on social media titled Upcycle, would you be interested in clicking on to it and reading about it? I wouldn’t. However, if the title read as Upcycled Thrift Store Headboard or How to Upcycle an Old Headboard, it would definitely be more enticing to potential readers. Do you agree? Here’s a couple more examples – Cake or Scrumptious Chocolate Layered Cake Recipe – and Bottle Caps or 10 Easy Bottle Cap Crafts – Which ones would you click on to read?
• Post images – Oh, one more. In addition to your post title, put some effort into the main image for the top of your post and the image that will be shared on social media. Not only will a good title interest a potential reader, so will an interesting image. And, don’t forget to optimize your images.
So, are you good to go with social media? What social share buttons do you have on your blog? Does your blog have social media accounts? Let me know and if I’m not following you, I will.
** DO YOU ATTEND BLOG PARTY LINKUPS?
We’d like to invite you to ours. See current link parties here!