National Coffee Day is September 29 here in the United States. Various coffee coffee brand stores and restaurants, even some convenience stores usually give away free coffee and offer discounts to observe the date. International Coffee Day is on October 1.
For all you coffee lovers out there, have you tried cold brew, do you like it, have you made it yourself?
Zulay Kitchen sent me the Coffee Boss Cold Brew Maker to try. Designed to brew hot or cold coffee or tea, it is made of extra thick, shock proof glass that sits in a non-slip silicone base. The removable, stainless steel mesh filter keeps out fine grounds and has an airtight leak proof lid with a silicone seal. It is marked for 4 cups (32 ounces). The carafe measures about 8 inches tall with the base about 5 inches.
HOW TO COLD BREW COFFEE
I’ve never made cold brew coffee before so this was a fun learning experience.
The included directions say to:
• Fill the filter about 2/3 full with coarse or medium coarse coffee grounds
• Pour filtered, room temperature water over the grounds until the container is filled to the 32 oz line
• Put container in the fridge and allow it to brew for about 12-18 hours, depending on your preference. To bring out more flavors, stir occasionally during the process
• Stop the brewing process by removing the filter
• Enjoy your cold brew however you like! Pour and mix with milk, almond milk, ice or whatever you prefer. You may also mix with water to dilute individual servings to anyone’s preference
• Any unused delicious cold brew can be safely saved for later. Simply put the lid back on and store in fridge for up to 2 weeks
I went to Starbucks and had them grind their Veranda Blend for me. So, my first batch of cold brew was a bit bitter due to me using too much coffee. The next time around I followed the directions on the bag of ground coffee. The difference ended up with me filling the filter about 1/2 full instead of 2/3 full.
I stopped brewing the coffee after about 12 hours. Topped with almond milk and ice, it was delicious!
ABOUT ZULAY KITCHEN
Aaron Cordovez and his wife created Zulay Kitchen to make shopping easier in today’s busy world. They believe that cooking should be fast and easy, so you can have more time to enjoy with your loved ones. Zulay Kitchen is named after Aaron’s mother, Zulay.
You can shop at Zulay Kitchen for the Coffee Boss Cold Brew Maker via their Amazon store or their website. Browse their other products such as the Milk Frother, Cheesecake Pan, Citrus Juicer, Professional Chef Knife, and many others to choose from. They’re on social media too: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube.
• This giveaway is open to residents of the United States, age 18+
• One winner will be chosen
• Winner will receive a Coffee Boss Cold Brew Maker from Zulay Kitchen
• Starts on September 27, 2019 at 7:00 PM Central
• Ends on October 11, 2019 at 7:00 PM Central
• You may enter once per day
• Winner will be randomly selected using Giveaway Tools
• Winner will be notified via email
• Winner will have 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen
• This giveaway is void where prohibited
• No purchase necessary
Disclosure: This giveaway is not endorsed by Starbucks, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or YouTube.
*UPDATE – GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED – Congrats to Phyllis!