Grandmothering: Building Strong Ties with Every Generation is a newly published book that looks at the important role grandmothers play in every phase of a grandchild’s life beginning in infancy through adolescence and on to young adulthood.
Does a grandmother always know best? Should she offer help and support? Should she get involved in the lives of her grandbabies? Are grandparents’ roles encoded in our DNA? Citing substantial research, the author notes that grandmothers are crucial for survival.
There are 27 lessons filled with with advice, tips, and anecdotes. The first lesson begins with the loving couple which covers keeping comments to yourself, respecting the gatekeepers, and recognizing linked lives.
Following are lessons about the pregnant couple which include quieting fears and anxieties, and building relationships.
Lessons continue with postpartum depression, avoiding attachment, discipline, safety, education, and divorce. They end with changing relationships, drugs, sex, technology, money, and health.
Kathleen Stassen Berger is a mother of four and grandmother of three young children. An expert in human development, she received her undergraduate education at Stanford University and Radcliffe College, and earned a M.A.T. from Harvard University, and a M.S. and Ph.D. from Yeshiva University. She is a professor at Bronx Community College, City University of New York, where she has taught psychology for forty years.
ORDER A COPY
The prefect gift for grandmothers and soon to be grandmothers. Grandfathers may find the book useful as well. You can purchase it at the author’s site here or at Amazon in hardcover and Kindle format.
• This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. age 18+
• Three winners will be chosen
• Each winner will receive a hardcover copy of the book
• The author will ship the books to the winners
• Starts on Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 12:00 PM Central
• Ends on Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 12:00 PM Central
• You may enter multiple times daily
• The winners will be randomly selected using Giveaway Tools
• Winners will be notified via email
• Winners will have 24 hours to respond or new winners will be chosen
• This giveaway is void where prohibited
• No purchase necessary
Disclosure: This giveaway is not endorsed by Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or YouTube.
*UPDATE – GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED – Congrats to Donna L Holder, Barbara Fox, and Candie L!