BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS SERIES 3 WITH HELEN FROM 3 WINKS DESIGN
The 15th blogging grandmother to be featured in the Blogging Grandmothers Series 3 is Helen.
NAME OF YOUR BLOG: 3 WINKS DESIGN
WHAT MAKES YOU SMILE: My grandchildren, actually, my family!
YOUR FAV SNACK: Ummm, it depends on my mood. If I am feeling healthy, fruit. If I want chocolate, 3 Muskateers.
WHAT QUOTE APPEALS TO YOU MORE THAN ANY OTHER: I have more than one. Here are just a few that I love and think of often:
• “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” Marjorie Hinckley
• “Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.”
• “Happy girls are the prettiest!” Audrey Hepburn (I don’t know if that is actually the right person, but I am going with it.)
• “Can’t sleep? Instead of counting sheep, try talking to the Shepherd.”
• “Live in such a way, that if someone spoke badly of you, no one would believe it.”
• “On any given day, at any given time, no matter what I’m doing, I’d rather be at home hanging out with my husband.”
FUNNY OR SCARY MOVIE: Funny, or action. And, I love the Marvel movies!
POOL, LAKE, OCEAN, OR NONE: I have a hard time choosing between a pool or the ocean. I love both. Lakes are usually too slimy on the bottom for me.
DO YOU MONETIZE YOUR BLOG: I try!
HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE OR PARTNER: We met in college. He lived across the street from me.
HOW LONG DO YOU PLAN ON BLOGGING: As long as I am enjoying it.
FAV TYPE OF MUSIC: I am a rock and roll girl.
DOGS OR CATS: Dogs
IF PAST LIVES ARE REAL, WHAT WAS YOURS: I was a young girl in a happy family…Oh wait, that is real! I was a young newlywed going to many places I had never been before with her soldier husband…Wait, that was real! I was a mother of a large family of wonderful children, yes real! I am a grandmother with wonderful children and grandchildren and an awesome extended family…That is now. But, seriously, sometimes as I look back over my life, it feels like I am looking at a different person because in some ways it feels so long ago and in some ways it feels like yesterday and I can’t imagine anything better than what I have done.
ARE YOU AFRAID TO BE ALONE IN YOUR HOUSE: Not usually.
DO YOU HAVE ANY RECURRING DREAMS OR NIGHTMARES: I used to when I was a kid, but now I sleep too heavy to remember my dreams.
YOUR EARLIEST MEMORY: My brother and I stood guard by a tree in our yard to protect a nest of baby birds from the neighborhood kids. I was about 3 and he was 7.
DO YOU HAVE A BUCKET LIST? IF SO, WHAT ARE THE TOP 5 THINGS ON IT: 1- To travel more, 2- To find our retirement spot, 3- To make sure family reunions happen, 4- To do grandchildren round-ups so that they can all know and love each other, 5- To be the best person I can be.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU’D LIKE TO SAY: Thanks Grammy Dee for featuring me and my blog! I love this Facebook group and all of its sweet members!