Traveling with your young grandbabies, just you and them without their parents, can be a wonderful time to bond. These 12 tips will help you be more prepared so that you and them can have an enjoyable time.
• Make sure you get a Medical Consent form that gives you temporary authority to make medical decisions for your grandbaby in an emergency or during a doctor visit
• To go along with that form, get a Permission to Treat form that gives medical staff permission to treat your grandbaby. The best option may be to combine that info on the same form that gives you temporary authority to make medical decisions for your grandbaby so you won’t have to keep up with two forms
• You will also need their medical insurance provider information to go along with the medical consent and permission to treat forms
• Know the schedule of any medicine your grandbaby takes
• Be aware of any allergies your grandbaby might have and what to do if an allergic reaction occurs
• Pack a first aid kit
• Pack their favorite snacks and drinks
• Pack their favorite travel safe toys
• Pack disposable or inexpensive cameras for them to take photos of their adventure
• Have them wear comfortable traveling clothes and shoes
• Plan accordingly for their nap, sleep, and potty schedule
• Talk to them about rules and safety issues before you begin your journey
Is there anything else you would add to the list?
** DO YOU ATTEND BLOG PARTY LINKUPS?
We’d like to invite you to ours. See current link parties here!