12 Tips for Traveling with Grandbabies
Traveling with your grandbabies, just you and them without their parents, can be a wonderful time to bond. These 12 tips will help you be more prepared so that you and them can have an enjoyable time.
(1) Make sure you get a Medical Authorization Form that gives you temporary authority to make medical decisions for your grandbaby in an emergency or doctor visit.
(2) To go along with the medical authorization form, get a Medical Release Form that gives medical staff permission to treat your grandbaby.
(3) You will also need their Medical Insurance Provider Information to go along with the authorization and release forms.
(4) Know the schedule of any medicine your grandbaby takes.
(5) Be aware of any allergies your grandbaby might have and what to do if an allergic reaction occurs.
(6) Pack a first aid kit.
(7) Pack their favorite snacks and drinks.
(8) Pack their favorite travel safe toys.
(9) Pack disposable or inexpensive cameras for them to take photos of their adventure.
(10) Have them wear comfortable traveling clothes and shoes.
(11) Plan accordingly for their nap, sleep, and potty schedule.
(12) Talk to them about rules and safety issues before you begin your journey.
Is there anything else you would add to the list?